We’re super proud of the Citizen’s sleek frame design. With an arcing top tube for the “Men’s” frames and S-bend top and down tubes for a super-low step-through “Women’s” version. In fact, we hesitate to designate either with gender specific labels because the version with the easy-access, low step-over top tube is suitable for anyone with limited hip flexibility who might be challenged to swing a leg over the rear wheel when mounting & dismounting.
EASY ON THE NECK & BACK
A usual complaint from new or returning riders trying to get into the cycling groove is feeling uncomfortably perched forward with too much weight on their wrists and having to crank their necks backwards just to be able to see in traffic. We specifically designed our Citizens to remedy this. The large diameter 700c wheels push handlebar height up and shorter top tubes pull handlebars closer to the saddle, all to mitigate forward lean. Our 4-inch rise handlebars sweep back at a natural hand-grasp angle with a long-quilled or angle-adjustable stem that allows for a wide range of adjustment to tune handle bar height and reach perfectly for each ride.
- Hi-tensile steel frame, sloping standard design and step through option
- Hi-tensile steel unicrown fork
- Alloy rims, alloy hubs
- Shimano Revoshift, 7-speed
- Forged alloy crankset with chainguard
- Promax linear-pull brakes with Tektro levers
- Jamis alloy micro-adjust seat post
- Jamis Comfort saddle with bumper springs